Rules for Business Employers

For self-employed parents, you may not have to use Schedule H to calculate and remit your nanny taxes if you chose to report employment taxes for your household employees along with your other business employees on Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return, or Form 943, Employer’s Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees. If you report this way, be sure to include your household employees’ wages on your Form 940 (or 940-EZ), Employer’s Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return. Be sure to check with your business accountant about this option.

Last updated on September 28, 2020
Was this article helpful?00

Leave A Comment